*OFFICIAL LAUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT!*
Storytelling. Interviewing. Sharing opinions. Learning. Building friendships. Drinking coffee.
These are the things that a print magazine is made of.
And after many months, we are nearly ready to share our first one with Australia. With you.
What’s the print magazine?
At 48 pages long, our inaugural print magazine will connect CutCommon with its stylistic roots: street press. We’re getting real in the physical world, and you’ll find CutCommon popping up where the action happens (seriously. Read on to check out our distribution map, below).
Inside CutCommon, you’ll get to read in-depth feature stories, think pieces, and profiles about some of Australia’s talented emerging artists. We’re talkin’ violinists. Composers. Arts administrators. Teachers. You’ll learn about everything from mental health to accompaniment to portfolio careers, and all that goes on in between. Prepare for inspiration and education.
Who made it?
These folks. In the past month-or-so, we’ve been sharing the line-up of our contributing and editorial team. Keep checking in as we continue to reveal the talent making this publication a reality.
With loads of love to: Sylvie Woods, Myles Oakey, Isaac Mouskovias, Laura Biemmi, Joseph Asquith, Rachel Bruerville, Lisa Cheney, Peggy Polias, Chris Healey, Madeline Roycroft, Lewis Ingham, Celine Chong, Ben Nielsen, Elsabeth Parkinson, Carol Saffer, Christopher Leon, Natasha Lin, Kieran Welch, Eleanor Wood, Kane Moroney, and Jaslyn Robertson.
How can I get a copy?
For free, at any of the pop-up venues in our national Roving Launch. This includes universities and arts events across the nation. But get in quick – magazines will be limited and they’ll be snapped up by musicians and audiences alike. We’re distributing a print run of 2,000 copies (min.).
What if I want one delivered?
Subscribe to CutCommon, and we’ll post one straight to your door. You’ll just need to shoot us an email request, including your postal address*, once we’ve gone to print. (Oh – and if you subscribe, we’ll also love you forever. True story.)
CUTCOMMON IN PRINT
2018 NATIONAL ROVING LAUNCH
*OFFICIAL VENUE LINE-UP ANNOUNCED!*
Where will you grab your copy of CutCommon? Check out the pop-up launch at the venues below. We are distributing our magazine to audiences, but also to musicians and administrators behind the scenes. Numbers limited – get in quick!
Dates to be announced, so stay tuned (in every way).
- University of Melbourne – Melbourne Conservatorium of Music
- Australian National Academy of Music (ANAM)
- Rubiks Ensemble *live event
- Friends of Music Series (Concerts at St George’s) *live event
- Melbourne Guitar Quartet (house concerts) *live event
- Melbourne Guitar Foundation *live event
- Melbourne Youth Orchestras *live event
- Affinity Collective *live event
- Monash University
- Penny Quartet/ Play ON *live event
- New Palm Court Orchestra *live event
- 3MBS studios
- La Trobe University (Student Union Building)
- anon. *live event
- Rocksteady Records
- Arts Wellbeing Collective
- Tempo Rubato *live event
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Sydney Philharmonia Choirs *live event
- Sydney Youth Orchestras *live event
- Stormer Music
- Brightside Music
- Ensemble Apex *live event
- Arts North West
- New England Conservatorium of Music
- Gunnedah Conservatorium of Music
- Tamworth Regional Conservatorium of Music
- Murray Conservatorium of Music
- University of Western Sydney
- Goethe-Institut (Woollahra)
- Tasmanian Youth Orchestra *live event
- Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra – Federation Concert Hall box office
- University of Tasmania (outside Edge Radio 99.3 studios)
- UTAS Conservatorium of Music
- Western Australian Charity Orchestra *live event
- Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts – Edith Cowan University (WAAPA)
- Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University
- Dots+Loops *live event
- Guitar Brisbane (Magda Community Artz) *live event
- Paint it Red (Rue Arts) *live event
- University of Queensland School of Music (UQ)
- Australian guitarist Matt Withers *live event
- Canberra Youth Orchestra *live event
- Australian National University – cafe area (ANU)
- Adelaide Symphony Orchestra – foyer area
- Musica Viva *live events
- We thank Musica Viva for distributing CutCommon to various live events in Australia’s major capital cities
- Australian Youth Orchestra *live events
- We thank the Australian Youth Orchestra for distributing CutCommon throughout its 2018 season
Stay tuned for our official launch calendar to come! Questions? Email Steph – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you go…
CutCommon has promoted Australia’s musicians since 2014 – we exist because we understand the value in a vibrant arts community and the diverse talent within.
We don’t receive core funding to bring you the publication, so we would love for you to consider supporting us. It would go a great way into covering our running costs – including the printing and distribution of our magazine. You can do this by subscribing to CutCommon. (You’ll score loads of goodies, too.)
And just for you, here’s a sneaky preview…
(Yep. It’s gonna be fun.)
TwoSet Violin, above, captured by Michael Carrello. Keep our eyes out for an interview with Brett Yang (left, next to Eddy Chen).
*Subscribe to CutCommon to score a copy of our inaugural print magazine, posted straight to your door. We’ll send one out to you on request, while our stocks last.